New Executive Director of EnglishUSA
It has been announced that Cheryl Delk-Le Good has been named the Executive Director of EnglishUSA, the American Association of Intensive English Programs. She will assume responsibility of the association on August 17, 2015.
EnglishUSA is an organization that serves and supports Intensive English Programs (IEPs) in the United States. Their membership includes over 400 accredited IEPs, making it the largest IEP support organization in the U.S. They aim to “support the professional development of IEP leaders and staff, uphold professional standards for IEPs, and increase the visibility of IEPs in the United States.”
Some of the things they provide to members include:
- Reliable information about accredited intensive English programs in the United States
- Easy access to current news affecting the IEP field, critical information about immigration laws, student visa policies, accreditation, and more
- Active advocacy on behalf of IEPs at the Federal level in Congress, with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and with the U.S. State Department
- A high degree of visibility and accessibility to prospective students and other interested parties
- The increased credibility of professional affiliation with a nonprofit organization with a long history and integrity
Some of their recruitment and marketing related resources that they provide include links to SEVP By the Numbers, a quarterly report of F-1 and J-1 statistics for the USA put together by SEVP, and the IIE Open Doors Report, which is a detailed annual report put together by the Institute of International Education (IIE) discussing trends in international student and study abroad in the USA.
For information about how to become a member, you can click here to visit EnglishUSA’s website.